Friday, June 17, 2011

15

Day 15 ~ Put your ipod on shuffle, first 10 songs that play

Having already done this, let's go genre specific. So I have closed my eyes and randomly pointed at the screen . . . and discovered that doesn't work since it's a big screen and the category lists are kinda small and just on the side. So I kinda cheated, by making my other hand a barrier blocking in only the music lists, closed my eyes again and landed on . . . Recently Played! Ummmm . . . LAME! So we're going with pop.

Note: this is a generic name for the category, as any song roughly my age or newer that is not country or instrumental. Although there are some classics in there from before the 80s.


1. Come What May from Moulin Rouge
Awwwww, sweet song (and EWAN MCGREGOR! YUM!)
(random search and the first one that pops up has French subtitles? Sweet!)





2. Waterloo by ABBA
ABBA rocks. That is all.




3. Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
Isn't America great? I mean, where else can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman?




4. Because of You by Kelly Clarkson
Love the solo version, love the duet, and this video . . . dude . . .




5. Walk this Way by Aerosmith
Speaking of duets - absolutely cannot decide what I think of this one.




6. Footloose
Ahh, memories . . . like the fact that mom didn't have a problem with us singing along with "Dancing in the Sheets." That particular memory is a little disturbing now, actually.




7. Stop in the Name of Love by The Supremes
True story: in high school there was an annual lip sync contest. My sophomore year three of my friends did this song . . . three of my male friends. Awesomely hysterical, hysterically awesome - for eleven years now (oy!) I have not been able to hear this song without thinking of them. Sadly, I do not have video footage of that particular rendition to show you. (Justin (I mean Ms. Ross)? Kate? Surely you know where to dig it up?!)




8. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
Wasn't this just the most romantic song EVER back in the day? :-)




9. Smooth Ciminal by Michael Jackson
Okay, I've skipped, like, three other Michael Jackson songs already going for a little bit of variety. Clearly itunes is just in one of its moods or something. But there's no denying that this video is awesome. Weird . . . but awesome.




10. Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
Apparently itunes is also in a vaguely old school mood today. This song probably topped the not allowed list at our house . . . however mom couldn't exactly control what got played at dances and the like . . . and this was also about the time she came home singing Backstreet Boys (who were also banned) so the not allowed list kind of died.





P. ost S. cript
I feel a little guilty for loving this show. But it's so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment