Tuesday, June 14, 2011

12

Day 12 ~ Write a poem to someone you love.

Yeah, uh, no. Heaven knows I'm not much of a poet as it is and "love" poetry? Not happening. Instead you get two of my better poems - in fact, they've actually been published! (okay, so it was SUU's English department's yearly literary journal, no one outside the department has ever read it or ever will, and I certainly didn't get paid for them . . . but it still totally counts!)


Fate

Sitting at the window watching the world go by
Moving along frantically at a snail's pace.
Everyone in a hurry to win a non-existent race --
Even though doing so anyone would deny.
So many worries are worth scarcely a sigh
They'll soon be gone along with time and place
Switched for another, a completely new face
Leaving today's urgent concerns high and dry.

So why do I feel compelled to join in
When logic says to keep far away
And well out of this game I can't win?
I toss my coin in the collection tin
Fate has decreed that I must stay
For life to chew up and spit out again.



(ten points if you recognized the form!)


Heart's Desire

Last night she
Dreamed she was
Kidnapped by
Pirates.

No one
Came to rescue
Her, but
That's not why

She was disappointed
When she woke
Up.



Bonus - the poem included on my invitation to Poetry Club from (Eric):

Roses are red
Violets are blue
So are you



I kinda miss that kid. :-)

P. ost S. cript
Just kinda fits. Also: totally played this one back in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment