Saturday, June 25, 2011

22

Day 22 ~ What makes you different from everyone else.

Ummmmmm . . . no idea. I mean, the mere fact that I have that second X chromosome makes me quite fundamentally different than about half the population.

The blonde hair differentiates. The complete mathematical ineptitude beyond basic arithmetic. The questionable decisions to major in English and French. The (sort of) cello playing. The lack of crafty abilities. The bookworm-ish-ness. The I-shouldn't-spend-half-as-much-time-as-I-do-online-ness. The innate ability to mess up the simplest of tasks. The utter lack of any athletic ability whatsoever (unless dropping 2x4s on your head counts).

I suppose no one else has precisely these traits in precisely the combination of intensity that I do. But I look at them, and I don't see anything standing out. Maybe everyone doesn't play the cello, but musical dabbling is pretty common, you know? Lots of people are bad at math. And while we may be the rare double-recessive gene holders, blondes are not dying out (no matter what you've heard).

So I think I'll open it up to people with a better view - you tell me? What makes me different? Because I? Feel pathetically average.

P. ost S. cript
Excuse me while I die laughing.


2 comments:

  1. gosh, maybe it's your name......... just kidding :)

    I love your style and your interest in beautiful things and books and food.

    ReplyDelete