Sunday, June 5, 2011

5

Day 5 ~ A picture of somewhere you've been.

As they say, anything worth doing is worth overdoing . . . so there might be a few dozen pictures here by the time I'm done.


Fake New York


Fake England


Fake Asia


Fake Africa

Fake Davy Jones' Locker . . . okay so that's a stretch. But yes, that's the real organ from the movies. And yes, I'm touching it. That was a good day.

And now the real places:


Cape Canaveral


Pearl Harbor


Waikiki Beach (I promise I'm in both of these pictures!)

Semi-fake Fiji - the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie.

The Space Needle (all my pictures from the Canada half of this trip vanished . . . sad . . .)

The Gum Wall at Pike's Place in Seattle (it may look it, but I'm not actually very close to that wall . . . eww.)


Wilson Arch


Yep. There.


Zorbing in Rotorua, New Zealand


Also New Zealand


Hobbiton, Middle Earth (a.k.a. New Zealand)

Currumbin, Australia

Woo. Hoo.


P. ost S. cript
You know, if this show was still on I bet it would solve most, if not all, of this country's geography problems. (Dude, just listening to the theme song would probably fix half of them!) Also, I know I've posted the Africa win before - but it's that cool. NOBODY won the Africa map!!!! Well, except this kid. Also: I still covet those jackets.





8 comments:

  1. All the fake ones at Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Interestingly, only one is from while I was working there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, old school Carmen Sandiego ... and old school Rockapella. (I haven't heard the new tenor, but I like the current bassist better than the one in this show ... and he's a seasonal Jedi Master too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been so many places! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, I lied . . . two pictures are from when I was working there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tickled to see an old episode of Carmen Sandiego. I watched that show every day, and it's fascinating to watch it again as an adult.

    I had no idea that Rockapella was still going. I have to admit that they still make me blush, just as much as they did when I was a kid. Good thing I married a bass. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a freakin awesome post!

    tea party tomorrow at 2 at my house

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your heroes. I miss Carmen San Diego. My librarian does Carmen San Jorge (St. George, get it haha!) every year. She comes up with the clues and the students need to use encyclopedias and maps to find where the stolen items (1st print dictionaries, Library of Congress etc.). I love to play along. It helps the kids also learning how to use the research items. They're having fun and don't even know it!

    ReplyDelete