Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Well, That was Interesting . . . Yeah, I'll Stick with Interesting.

So I spent Labor Day weekend in Washington at my grandparents cabin. Luke couldn't get work off, so he spent it here in Logan. It was a lot lonelier than I thought it would be.

I did some calculating on the drive home. We were away from each other for about 78 hours. Not that much, right? Right . . . until you add the in the fact that that is the longest time we've gone without seeing each other since we met over two years ago. Between working together and always having something going on somewhere in the evenings, I don't think we went more than a day, maybe two without seeing each other the first four months we knew each other. Then we started dating . . . and of course we'd seen each other every single day since. So this weekend was kinda . . . something else. To say the least. I'm really glad to be back!!

It was a fun weekend, sort of. It rained the entire time. Well, Monday dawned bright and sunny. And we (Ashli, Team Jayla, and I) left at about seven. Cruel, cruel irony. On the bright side, I learned how to play pinnochle . . . although that's probably misspelled. And I always love going to Washington, no matter how rainy it is.

Anyway, point being - soooooooooooo not going to be doing the whole "separate vacations" thing that you hear about couples doing. At least not for quite some time. I did take a few pictures, I'll put them up on facebook sometime this week if anyone wants to see them.

P. ost S. cript
Well, I won't be using this website anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment