Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rave Review

K, so about ten days ago Luke and I went to Layton to get my rings soldered together. Because, annoyingly, the closest Kay Jewelers to Logan is in the Layton Hills Mall. Annoying to have to drive so far for such a little errand, but it is a good excuse to get out of Cache Valley for a while, so we don't complain too much.

Anyway, after eating lunch at the food court - Chik-Fil-A, (YUM! )and lemonade from Hotdog on a Stick, (YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, best lemonade EVER!) we're heading back to the freeway . . . only to discover that there is a Jason's Deli in Layton.

And what is Jason's Deli you ask? Goood question, because I'll admit I'd never heard of it before either. Anyway, it's this sandwich chain that was actually started in Beaumont, cool, no? And apparently it is amazing, because Luke was soooooooooooo disappointed that we'd just eaten.

So yesterday we went back down to pick my rings - well, ring now - up. It's so weird . . . it's going to take a little getting used to having them as one ring! Anyway, we went to lunch at Jason's Deli. And it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The menu is huuuuuuge, and I had the hardest time picking just one thing. We've decided that we're going to eat there everytime we take my ring down for inspection - twice a year, woot!! I had a chicken wrapini, and it was totally delicious. Luke had a muffalotto . . . muffolotta . . . something like that . . .and it was pretty tasty too. It was really different - pastrami and provolone cheese with practically a mountain of green olives and olive oil. Holy crap, that food is good!!!!! You have GOT to try this place sometime!!!! There's one at the Gateway in SLC too. When we finally get around to seeing Salt Lake (Luke still hasn't really seen Temple Square, or anywhere else for that matter) we're totally eating there again. And the best part? Free, unlimited soft serve ice cream cones. Dude, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! And they have, like, a million different kinds of cheesecake. Blackberry cheesecake . . . . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that's all. I'm just still kind of amazed at how delicious the food was. And how huge! Luke got a quarter of a sandwich, which kind of confused me because he's not usually one to get the half-size version of anything. And then I saw the sandwich. And his quarter sized moffalatto or whatever was bigger than a big mac - holy crap! So yeah, when you go - get the quarter sized sandwich. Unless you want leftovers for a couple of days. But you have got to try this place sometime. And that is all. :-)

P. ost S. cript
There is a very good reason why I don't watch crappy daytime talk shows. (other than the fact that we don't have tv, I mean.) However, that means that I also miss the occasional hysterical gem like this one. Huge thanks to Emily for telling me and Luke about it!! I will never again be able to hear the words "chicken tettrazini" without laughing.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try them my next trip to Target. I've often wondered...

    I saw that clip last week on The Soup. So funny.

    ReplyDelete