Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Swear I'm Not Drunk! I Don't Think . . .

K, so something really weird is going on . . . somewhere. For the last couple of weeks I've bee having these weird dreams where I dreamed I was half-awake. They're really clear and I'm convinced they're for real - until I ask Luke in the morning and he looks at me like I'm nuts.

Like the night before last. Since it was cold, Luke wore his sweats to bed instead of the basketball shorts he usually wears. He sort of half-woke me up in the middle of the night when he got out of bed, changed into the basketball shorts, got a drink of water, and came back to bed. Imagine my confusion when he was wearing the sweats again in the morning . . .

And then last week. There have been some issues with the internet around here (meaning the whole complex) for the past couple of weeks or so, and Luke is the resident internet-fixer. So from time to time he'll go to an apartment to fix with something, or down to the laundry room to play with the modem for a while. Anyway. Last week. Luke wakes me up getting out of bed. He's getting dressed. It's, like, three in the morning. So I ask him what he's doing. He says he's going downstairs to reset the modem and he'll be right back. I'm confused, but I say okay and go back to sleep. In the morning Luke tells me it was a dream.

What the crap? It's always the same sort of thing - either a conversation we didn't really have or Luke doing something random and waking me up . . . only not really. And it's happened five or six times in the last two weeks. So weird . . . am I hallucinating? I mean, I haven't taken anything . . . that I know of . . . I'm so very confused.

Am I the only person who's ever had dreams like this? Is somebody I know about to die or something? Maybe I'm about to win the lottery . . . yeah, that's gotta be it. :-)

P. ost S. cript
Dude, I want to go to Japan just for the game shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment