Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another . . . Achievement?

So I delivered my first "Relief Society meal" yesterday. Does that make me officially an adult? An adult ward member at least . . . good times. It was a little intimidating, especially since I'd never actually met the people I took the tuna casserole to (yeah, I went the cliched route . . . it was a last minute thing, the RS pres called me around noon on Saturday. Good thing we had a box of tuna helper!). I'm still learning names, and they had been missing a lot of church the last couple of months . . . I guess it was a bit of a rough pregnancy. It's just so weird to think that I'm the one in charge of taking meals to people instead of my mom . . . who's nutjob idea was that? Granted, I haven't killed Luke . . . yet . . . but you won't be seeing me on Top Chef any time soon either. But seriously, this one thing, above pretty much everything else, has made me feel more "officially" married and grown up than anything else. Is that normal, or just a me thing?

On a completely unrelated note, I had the idea last week to start a book review blog. The more I thought about it, the more fun it sounded, plus, who knows? Maybe I'll get big, or something. (Can you tell I'm really trying to keep my hopes up with this whole no-jobs-in-all-of-Cache-County thing?) Crazy thing - Luke made the same exact suggestion last night as we were getting ready for bed, and I hadn't mentioned it to him. We decided that maybe that was a sign that I should give it a go . . . or something. So now I'm looking for suggestions for blog names and such. I'll be reviewing pretty much everything I read (or have ever read) from classics to LDS fiction to Star Wars to contemporary to fantasy . . . yeah, that pretty much covers everything I read. Anyway, if I use your suggestion you'll totally get something when I'm popular enough to start doing giveaways. :-)

P. ost S. cript
Just in case you missed it when it was hugely popular last year. We all loved it . . . all you had to do was say "Charlie!" like the other kid does and we'd all start giggling.

4 comments:

  1. I noticed a sign in front of Qwest (just down from my house on Main) Friday that they are hiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Lexie was saying the 'That hurt Charlie' just last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it wasn't lasagna! That's what people always bring us. Every.single.time. When your Uncle Ben was in the hospital when he had his aneurysm the kids had lasagna every night for 3 weeks. I kid you not. They were sooooo sick of it that I hardly ever make it anymore.

    I'll be thinking of book blog names, but just off the top of my head- The Book Case
    I'll keep thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Think Before You Write"
    "Write or Wrong"
    "Choose the Write"
    "B4 U Read"

    ReplyDelete