Monday, October 22, 2012

Didn't See That One Coming

So with one of my groups on second grade we're reading Cam Jansen books and we started a new one today.  At the beginning Cam & Co are doing a fundraiser for a charity that gives the "homebound elderly people" rides to the library.  At that point I stop and ask the group if they know what elderly means.

Child 1: Grandmas and grandpas.

Child 2: Old people.

Child 3: Really old people.  Like, older than all the teachers.

Child 4: Nearly dead people.

*blink blink*

Well . . . technically . . . comparatively speaking . . . he was right.  I can't imagine his answer would be much appreciated by said nearly dead people though. :-)

It actually reminded me of this conversation I had with a cousin of mine . . . well, I don't remember how long ago it was, but I'm pretty sure I was still in high school, and now he's in high school.  So there's that.  Anyway, it went something like this:

Cousin (five points to the first one to identify him, lol): My mom is old.

Me: So what does that make my mom?

Cousin: Really old.

Me: Well, if Aunt Dawna is really old, what does that make Grandpa and Grandma?

Cousin: Practically dead.

What is it with little kids and old/"dead" people? :-)


P. ost  S. cript
This is totally the kind of old lady I want to be.  (and we're all going to continue to pretend that it was actually the Queen jumping out of the helicopter and not some dude in a peach dress, m'kay?)


No comments:

Post a Comment