You know, I really thought I posted this Thursday. I guess I just composed it so well in my head that I convinced myself that I posted it too. :-) Anyway - the things I'm thankful for this year. Minus all the obvious ones that everybody says every year. Which means this is . . . *drum roll*
Lacey's Top Ten Random, Odd, Obscure, or Perhaps Just Plain Weird Things She's Thankful For!
1. blue and green paint. Because white walls are sooooooooooooooooo the last seven years!!
2. library cards. And, by extension, libraries.
3. Team Jayla. Not only did they help us paint, they are pretty much the only normal members of my family. (Let's think about this - one is still afraid of boys at the age of 23, one is proud to be a pasty white boy living at home and with no intention of leaving, and the other two have a one-track mind, and that track is set to "grandkids." Is it any wonder that sometimes it feels like Team Jayla are the only ones we can have a normal conversation with?!)
4. nepotism. Because without it, I still wouldn't have a job.
5. having Thanksgiving off. Because working it three years in a row was more than enough.
6. the muppets. More on that later.
7. free food. We haven't had to buy meat since Dad slaughtered the cow and pigs going on two months ago. Woot!
8. snow. But only in November and December and the first two weeks of January.
9. homestarrunner.com. Seriously, Luke and I spend hours on that website. Always good for cheap entertainment.
10. large kitchens. Mostly because we don't have one.
And there you have it. Happy Day-After-Black-Friday everybody!!
P. ost S. cript
Have I mentioned how much I love and adore the Muppets? Because they kinda rock. So if you haven't seen this since it popped up a few days ago (you probably have, since it's the internet's latest viral hit) make sure you watch the whole thing. The end makes the whole thing even funnier.