Sunday, November 4, 2012

Once Upon a Hurley

Previously: Regina said she brought who she wanted and I'm intrigued by that.  She wanted Cinderella but not Lancelot?  She wanted Hansel and Gretal but not Mulan?  How did that work?


Moving on.

~ Emma's observation of the beanstalk is pretty spot on.

~ Is that the war the Rumplilocks ran out on?

~ Why do they need the compass now?  The wardrobe originally took Emma and Pinocchio here on its own.  So why do the ashes need the compass to find it?

~ Hello yellow bug that better not be anthropomorphic.

~ Hello hipster glasses Emma.

~ Nice move stealing a car Sheriff Swan.  I love that she's still in the same car in Storybrook.

~ I'd give him that sort of look to Emma.  What a jerk.

~ Does stealing a stolen car cancel out the fact that you stole it, lol?

~ I imagine that fight was rather disappointing to Hook.

~ I love how she used his hook as a coat hanger. :-)

~ Can I just take this moment to say Emma's hair is how Aurora's is supposed to look?  Because it is.

~ Hook is a lot more perceptive than I ever would have guessed.

~ I don't think I like the hipster glasses.

~ Holy crap, that's not pre-Henry!  I seriously did not see that coming.

~ Ummmm . . . are we about to see Henry be conceived?

~ So that's where the dream catcher came from.

~ So that's why she stayed in Florida so long.

~ We're learning so much about characters we already know already.  I love it.

~ Except . . . wait . . . wasn't Henry born in Phoenix?  Now I'm confused again.

~  All these time references . . . a shout out to daylight savings?  Weird.

~ Sleeping Beauty doesn't sleep anymore.  Very nice touch.

~ I always forget that Snow White had the whole sleeping thing as part of her storyline too.  BOth here and with the movies.

~ And now we know why the rum is gone. :-)

~ I wonder just how long ago the Milha storyline is at this point.

~ Man, Neal really is a jerk.

~ I know the hipster glasses are to make Emma look 18, but they're just not working for me.

~ Here's hoping we get a Mickey and the Beanstalk reference somewhere in here.

~ Hello Hurley.

~ Goodnight Hurley.

~ While I appreciate the fact that somehow the Christmas commercials held off until after Halloween (at least I didn't see any anyway), but I refuse to acknowledge the ones I'm seeing now.  For the next three weeks.

~ Just noticed Snow has a key necklace.  I wonder if it's a key to anything.

~ Honestly, the first thing I thought of with the Red Room was Jane Eyre . . .

~ Snow is just dying to be all mom-ular, isn't she?

~ I wonder what her nightmares were . . .

~ Well the end to Jack's real story is decidedly more depressing.  Even than his Into the Woods story.

~ I would take bets on whether or not Neal is going to show at the parking garage, but I think we all know he isn't.

~ Wait, what?

~ PINOCCHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT'S PINOCCHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Also - have you seen the theories that he made up the name August Booth on the spot when he introduced himself to Emma in Storybrook?  Yeah, TAKE THAT.  I always knew that was a stupid theory.

~ Let's all take this moment to celebrate the fact that next week there will be NO political ads during the commercials.  Seriously - YAY!  Pretty sure this election has been going on since my parents graduated from high school.  So.  Freaking.  Done.

~ Loved that mouthful of Pinocchio (the movie) references.

~ Also love the fact that he didn't just abandon Emma.  I love August.

~ Wait, what's in the box?!?!?  GAH!!!!!

~ Dangit, now I'm starting to feel sorry for Neal.  Blargh.

~ Okay, that's a terrible way to leave her to her destiny.  Not so sorry for him now.

~ Uh-oh . . . thumping.  Thumping bad . . .

~ Hello again Hurley.

~ We better at least get a "fee fi fo fum."

~ Hey, I've been to Vancouver! :-)

~ Wait, Neal took the bug?  How does Emma get it back?

~ So that's how she got to Phoenix . . . but still not sure how she gets to Tallahassee.

~ But that's how she gets the car back.  Answer one question, ask three more.  Isn't that how it always is?

~ Wait . . . wait . . . wait . . . I'll send you a postcard?  Neal was the guy at the beginning?  And August sent it?  So August is, like, alive?  Not wooden?  I NEED MORE AUGUST ANSWERS DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Well that was literally the oldest trick in the book.  Kinda lame, not gonna lie.

~ I like the idea of a more complex giant war though.

~ Awwwwwwwwwwww . . . poor lonely Hurley . . . :-(

~ Glad it doesn't look like Jack Sparrow's compass at least.

~ Head start?  What the crap is going on?

~ And now Hook misses the good fight, lol.

~ Oh good, I was starting to worry that we wouldn't see Charming this time around.

~ Oh yeah, Henry got sleeping cursed too . . .

~ The red room again . . . I'm thinking Snow probably had the same nightmare too.

~ YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO END THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Henry didn't call Charming grandpa yet!)

So apparently Ruby's going to go all wolf-ular next week.  Ruby, not Red.  Intriguing.  Also, that means more time in Storybrook, which means more (potential) Charming time.  Which means potential for the awesome Charming reactions which were sorely lacking this week.  I must say, this is quite the recovery over our little Halloween stumble last week.  Also - look like we should all take a moment of silence for the theory that Bae is Henry's father.  Surely he would have believed August's talk of magic immediately.  (still possible that he's Bae's son/grandson or something though . . .)


P. ost  S. cript
So it totally wouldn't have fit, but wouldn't it have been fun to see giant Hurley singing this giant's song? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment