Wednesday, August 8, 2012

But They're Still So Nice to Have






So I got a phone call on Monday, and I have a job for this school year.  Yay!!  I don't k now my schedule yet, although it probably won't be any more hours than last year and I'm in fourth grade (so no fun Katie+Lacey shenanigans . . . boo!)  I'm still kind of surprised.  That I know already, I mean.  This is the earliest I've ever gotten the call - I didn't even have time to start worrying!

On the other hand, I have had time to think about/remember outside opinions of how I spend my summers.  And with a two-years-later perspective on things, I think it's safe to say that some things people say will always sting but it gets easier to brush away when they do come to mind for some reason.  Of course, while I still know everything I said last year is accurate . . . why is it the positive things are harder to remember on a regular basis?

I guess the part that really matters is that I don't have to spend the next two weeks wondering when the precise point is that I need to start panicking.  I'm not quite sure what I'll do with myself . . . beyond not dwelling on how nasty people can be to others.

Maybe I'll try out a pinterest cake to celebrate . . . :-)


P. ost  S. cript
Because you didn't have enough reasons to love James Earl Jones Darth Vader.




No comments:

Post a Comment